About Drymate Material
All of our waterproof mats are made with Drymate material which has a soft, felt-like surface and a non-slip, waterproof backing. Our mats are thin – only 1/8” thick – but don’t let the thickness fool you. Due to the patented Zorb-Tech technology used in the production process, these mats hold a tremendous amount of liquid. The anti-flow property of the material traps and contains spills, preventing them from flowing onto adjacent surfaces while the thin construction of the mat allows moisture to evaporate quickly. The underside of the Drymate mat is coated with a special bonded backing that prevents moisture from seeping through, protecting surfaces below.
Key benefits of the Drymate material:
- Waterproof backing prevents soak-through, protecting surfaces below.
- Super absorbent top layer collects spills and messes.
- Wicking properties keep moisture away from objects on top of the material, i.e., tools on our workbench mat.
- Anti-flow technology stops spills in their tracks before they flow onto other surfaces.
- Ultra thin material dries quickly.
- Durable, with the correct care will last for years.
- Can be cut to desired size without fraying.
- Surface material responds well to color sublimation process, making customization easy.
Dye Sublimation Printing
We use a dye sublimation process to print our mats. And what exactly is dye sublimation? Very simply speaking, digital artwork is printed on large sheets of paper and, through a combination of pressure and heat, the design is transferred, the dye turning into a gas and essentially “becoming one” with the mat.
It’s much more complicated than this, of course, involving large printers, heat-resistant paper, specialty inks and very large presses. The main takeaways are twofold: One, by using this process we are able to create customized products for our customers and, two, because the fabric is permanently dyed, the design will last as long as the product does.
Advantages of Dye Sublimation Printing:
We have the ability to create custom designs just for you.
You can buy lower minimum quantities at lower costs.
Colors are fade resistant and will not wash out.
Ink becomes part of the product rather than sitting on the surface.
Feel of the material is unchanged by the printing process.
Drymate and Zorb-Tech are Registered Trademarks of RPM, Inc.